Mung Sabzi is very healthy Sabzi and it is perfect for lunch boxes. It is really easy to digest and one can eat it with Roti or Paratha or Bread.
I believe Mung beans (Vigna radiata) or green gram are healthiest from the pulses family. They provide very good nutrition value.
As I always mentioned in other posts my family members are very reluctant to eat green vegetables so I need to find the sources for Vitamin A for them and I believe that this Mung Sabzi provides me very good option for that.
I think Garlic is the necessary ingredient for making Mung Sabzi, if you don’t add it in the Sabzi it will become flat in taste. Below is the full guide for making this recipe with pictures.
- Chop Green chilies, tomatoes in small pieces.
- Crush Garlic cloves.
- Boil cup of Mung with 2-3 cups of water in pressure cooker till 3 to 4 whistles.
- Take a pan and heat oil on a medium flame.
- Add Asafoetida.
- Add Black Mustard, Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves, Green Chilies and crushed garlic cloves for Tadka.
- Put Tomatoes in the pane.
- Saute till it becomes soft.
- Add Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Salt, Garam Masala.
- Stir and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add boiled Mung in the pane.
- Saute it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the Mung becomes softer switch off the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Your healthy and tasty Mung Sabzi is ready 🙂. Enjoy.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for more these kind of Recipes. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking. 🙂