Roti Pizza is very healthy and delicious dish. Roti Pizza is really easy to make and has really a great taste.It is a complete fusion of Indian and Italian dish.
You can use toppings of your choice for this pizza. It is really very healthy as it is made from the homemade Roti or Chapati.
Kids will love it too and you will have the satisfaction as it is not a junk food at all. It also doesn’t take hours to make it. You can make it really quick.
Below is guide to make this healthy and yummy fusion dish with step by step photos. Hope you all like it and give it a try.
Snap of the ingredients,
- For Dough and Base
- Take wheat flour in wide vessel and add salt, water and 1 teaspoon oil.
- Knead little hard dough, knead again by adding 1 teaspoon oil.
- Rest dough for 15 minutes.
- After resting make 6 flat balls out of it.
- Take one flat ball on rolling pin and make 5 to 6 diameter circle to make Pizza base or Roti.
- Make holes with help of fork and keep it aside.
- For Topping
- Cut capsicum and onion in long thin strips or shreds.
- Heat oil in the pan and add shredded onion and saute till it becomes pink in colour (approx 1/2 or 1 minute).
- Add shredded capsicum and saute till it becomes little soft (approx 1/2 or 1 minute) and keep it aside.
- For pizza sauce
- Boil tomatoes and remove skin and make tomato puree.
- Finely chop onion.
- Make paste of ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in the pan and add ginger and garlic paste and add chopped onion and saute till onion becomes golden brown.
- Add tomato puree and add schezwan chutney, tomato sauce and oregano and mix well.
- Cook pizza sauce for 1 to 2 minutes till it becomes little thicker like tomato ketchup and keep it aside.
- Heat tava or nonstick pan and put Roti on it.
- First cook one side till brown spots are visible.
- Lower the flame and turn Roti.
- On top of the Roti apply 2 teaspoon of pizza sauce.
- Now top it with cooked onion and capsicum.
- Grate cheese on top and sprinkle some oregano.
- Cook till brown spots on the other side of Roti are visible.
- Your healthy and yummy Roti Pizza is ready to serve now.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂