Dal Baati is popular dish from the region of Rajasthan. Dal Baati is a complete meal. Dal Bati Churma is very healthy dish and it tastes great as well.
When we talk about Rajasthani food, I think Dal Bati is a must to mention, it’s a peak of them all. In streets of Rajasthan and Central Gujarat.
Below is my style guide to prepare this lovely dish called Dal Bati with step by step photos, Hope you all like it.
Snap of the Ingredients,
- Preparation of Dal
- Pressure cook all the Dal with 2 glasses of water for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Finely chop tomatoes and onions.
- Make paste of ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in the pan and add asofoetidia.
- Add bay leaf, whole green cardamom, clove, cinnamon and ginger and garlic paste and saute and mix well.
- Add chopped onion and saute till the mix becomes golden brown in color.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till it becomes soft.
- Add boiled dal and mix it well.
- Add water and stir till all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala and stir for at least a minute.
- Boil dal for 5 to 6 minutes till it becomes little thick and you feel the aroma of all spices.
- Your Dal is now ready.
- Preparation of Bati
- In a wide pan take wheat flour and add semolina, salt, carom seeds and ghee and mix it till ghee is mixed well with flour.
- Knead a tight dough with warm water.
- Rest dough for 15 minutes.
- Make 15 to 18 flat balls out of it.
- You can bake Bati in tandoor or oven or Tava with steel net.
- Place net on tava and top with Bati and cover with lid.
- Roast Bati on low flame till it becomes golden brown from both sides.
- After roasting Bati dip it into ghee and serve with Dal.
- In a bowl take Dal and dip Bati into it.
- Top with chopped onion and coriander leaves.
- Pour lemon juice and ghee.
- You tasty and healthy Dal Bati is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂