Dal Dhokli is very healthy and tasty dish. Dal Dhokli can be made really quickly. It is a complete food and one can have this dish and fill his stomach without anything else.
Dal Dhokli can be termed as Gujarati or Maharashtrian dish. It is comfort food. It can fulfill your hunger but at the same time it is not heavy on your stomach. Dal Dhokli is really a wonderful dish.
Below are the step by step photos of making this wonderful dish called Dal Dhokli, Hope you all enjoy the recipe,
Snap of the ingredients,
- Preparation of Dhokli
- Chop coriander leaves.
- Chop Fenugreek leaves or soak kasuri methi in water for 5 mintues.
- In wide plate take Wheat flour and Besan/chickpea flour.
- Add salt,chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder.
- Add coriander leaves, methi /fenugreek leaves or kasuri methi .
- Add red chili powder, salt, cumin powder and turmeric powder.
- Add 2 teaspoon oil and add water and knead it well till you get smooth dough.
- Add 1 spoon oil and knead again and rest the dough for 10 to 15 minutes .
- After resting knead the dough again and make dough balls out of it.
- Put dough ball on rolling board and dust with dry wheat flour and roll with rolling pin to make 5 to 6 inch diameter circle just like roti or thepla.
- Cut rolled roti in little diamond shape pieces like dhoklas and keep it aside.
- Preparation of Dal
- Boil Dal with 2-3 cups of water in pressure cooker till 3 to 4 whistles.
- You can mix any of the Dal mentioned in the ingredients or can only use Tuvar dal alone.
- Grind boiled Dal with one cup of water and make fine paste.
- Take a pan and heat oil and ghee on a medium flame.
- Add Asafoetida once oil is properly heated.
- Add Tamal patra / bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, curry leaves and groundnut and saute for 1 minute.
- Add Dal paste in the pan and add water .
- Add salt,cumin seed powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and boil it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add prepared diamond shaped pieces (Dhokli) into the mix. Cook it for at least 4 to 5 minutes.
- Tastiest and yummiest Dal Dhokli is now ready to serve.
- Take prepared Dal Dhokli in bowl and Pour 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Top with chopped onion and coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve it hot.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂