Aloo Paratha is very famous dish from the North region of India. It is very tasty and delicious and people can eat it in the breakfast, lunch or even in the dinner.
It tastes best when served hot with pickle or curd. When you go to North India, you can find different and delicious Aloo Paratha at Dhaba. Nowadays even in the other parts of the India this dish has become very popular.
Below is my step by step recipe with photos to make this lovely dish, Hope you all like it.
Snap of the Ingredients,
Preparation steps for Potato Stuffing:
- Boil or pressure cook potatoes for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Peel and mash potatoes. There should be no lumps in mashed potatoes.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, salt, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and carom seeds and mix them all well and keep it aside.
Preparation steps for Dough:
- Take wheat flour and add salt, 2 teaspoon oil ,cumin powder and knead a dough little harder than the one you normally do while making Roti. Add 1 teaspoon oil and knead well and rest dough for at least 5 minutes.
Preparation steps for Aloo Paratha:
- Take one dough ball and roll circle of about 4 to 5 diameter.
- Top the circle with 3 teaspoon of potato stuffing.
- Take the edge of circle and start plating and bring it to the centre and join all the plates.
- Make it flat softly with your update and dust it with wheat flour and roll paratha for 6 to 7 diameter circle.
- Heat non-stick pan or tava and grease with oil or butter and place rolled paratha on it.
- Apply oil or butter on top side and flip paratha and apply oil or butter.
- Cook paratha on medium flame till both sides become golden brown in colour.
- Yummy and delicious Aloo Paratha is ready to serve.
- You can serve Aloo Paratha with curd or tomato ketchup or pickle or Chutney.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂