Sambar is delicious South Indian curry. It can be served with Rice, Idli, Dosa , Mendu Vada and many more dishes.
Most of us love to prepare and eat this delicious dish right? I will try to present my version of recipe for this delicious dish.
I have spent couple of years in Bangaluru and being a Gujarati I preferred to eat Roti, Dal, Rice and Sabzi for day to day meal. At that time it was really tough to find Gujarati food in Bangaluru and it was costlier for me as I was not earning that much at that time :). So I turned to South Indian Food and instantly started liking it. Sambar is the necessity with almost all the South Indian Food, they are all not accomplished without it.
Below is the recipe with step by step photos of this delicious dish,
- Take Tuvardal/split red gram, Chana dal/split chickpeas, Urad dal/split black gram and mix all dals together and rinse in running water. Cut pumpkin into pieces and mix with Dals, Tomatoes, and Tamarind and put them into pressure cooker with 2 glass (500 ml) of water. Cook it till 3 to 4 whistles in pressure cooker. Open pressure cooker and grind all the ingredients together by adding little water.
- Tadka preparation
- Heat oil on medium flame. Add 1 teaspoon Urad dal/split black gram, add curry leaves once it turns little red. Saute grated coconut for a minute and add chopped onion and saute till onion turns into pink color. Tadka is ready now.
- Add grind Dals and vegetables and stir gently and heat till it boils. Add Turmeric powder, Salt, Chili powder and mix it well. Stir till all the masalas are properly mixed with Dals.
- Add Sambar Masala and mix well. Allow Dal to boil for 4 to 5 minutes and switch off flame.
- Your delicious and mouth watering Sambar is now ready to eat.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂