Chhole Chana are from the family of pulses food. It is popular Punjabi Saag as you all know.
My hubby loves all the pulses food. Be it Mung, Red Chana, he loves them all. So these are the most common Sabzis you will find at my home on day to day basis.
Chhole Chana offers good nutritious value. Personally I think they are really heavy to digest. One should need to do some effort if want to digest them quickly.It is really very very healthy.
Let’s move into the preparation part of the recipe below with pictures,
- Soak Chana for 5 to 6 hours in 3 cups of water.Chop Onion, Garlic, Ginger and Green Chilies and make smooth paste in mixer.Make smooth paste of Tomato in mixer.Boil soaked up Chana with 2-3 cups of water and 1 spoon of salt in pressure cooker till 3 to 4 whistles.
- Take a pan and heat oil on a medium flame.Add Asafoetida.
- Put gravy with Onion, Garlic, Ginger and Green chilies in the pan.Saute till it becomes light pink in color.Add Tomato gravy in the mix. Saute it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Salt, Turmeric powder, Chhole Masala. Stir and mix till all the ingredients are mixed properly.Add boiled Chana in the pan.Saute it for at least 4 minutes.
- When the Sabzi mix looks prepared switch off the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves.Your healthier and tasty Chhole Masala Sabzi is ready to eat and serve.
- It can be enjoyed with Puri, Paratha, Bhature and Roti.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂