Chikpeas / Red Chana are from the family of pulses food. They contain lot of protein in it and are little heavy to digest.
You know my better half loves the Sabzis from the pulses family. So I always try to give my personal touch to the Sabzis I make.
Red Chana can even taste great if we eat them boiled with little bit Masala. I am sure you would have eaten it and loved it too.It even tastes greater if we make some efforts and prepare Sabzi of it.
Below is the step by step by preparation guide with photos,
- Soak Chana for 5 to 6 hours in 3 cups of water.
- Grind Onion, Green Chilies, Ginger and Tomatoes and make fine paste.
- Boil soaked up Chana with 2-3 cups of water and 1 spoon of salt in pressure cooker till 3 to 4 whistles.
- Take a pan and heat oil on a medium flame.
- Add Asafoetida.
- Add Black Mustard, Green Chilies, Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves and sizzle (Tadka).
- Add prepared paste in the pan and saute it for a minute.
- Add Coriander Powder, Chili Powder, Salt, Garam Masala. Stir and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add boiled Chana in the pan.
- Saute it for at least 4 minutes.
- When the Chana looks prepared switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Red Chana Sabzi is now ready to eat and serve 🙂.
- It can be enjoyed with Roti, Puri or Paratha .
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂