Sabudana Khichdi can be prepared with many methods. In India people from many communities eat this while performing fasting.
I guess Sabudana or Sago is the most eaten food while fasting in India. In India people from different religions keep fasting on different occasions.
Food made from the Sabudana can be eaten while fasting.
Here is the step by step recipe with pictures of Sabudana Khichdi,
- Soak Sabudana for 5 to 6 hours or overnight. (If you soak over night it will give good result)
- Cut potatoes and tomato in medium pieces.
- Heat oil in the pan and add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- As it sizzles add peanuts and saute till it turns light brown in color.
- Add potato and saute till potato becomes soft.
- Add salt,red chili, cumin powder, coriander powder and if you wish add sugar and turmeric powder and saute it.
- Add soaked Sabudana and saute till all the ingredients mix well together.
- Switch off flame and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and if you wish add lemon juice.
- Sabudana khichdi is now ready to eat.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂