Batata Vada are my all time favorite food. They are hot, spicy, yummy and delicious. I think there would be very less set of people who will not love to eat those garma garam Batata Vada.
Personally I enjoyed it a lot when it’s raining outside specially the Mumbai rain. It could taste delicious too when it’s chilly outside and there isn’t any better option than hot Vada in the summer heat😛. I just wanted to say one can eat it anytime. It’s so yummy you know🙂.
In most parts of the India people love to eat this delicious dish and they prepare them in their own unique ways.
I will share my way of preparing this yum recipe with all of you. Hope you will find it yum too. Below is the preparation guide with photos,
- Boil potatoes with 3 cups of water in pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
- Peel and crush potatoes.
- Cut Ginger and chili in medium pieces.
- In mixer jar add chopped ginger and chili with cumin seeds and make paste.
- Add ginger and chili paste in crushed potatoes.
- Add salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, chopped coriander leaves in crushed potatoes and mix well .
- Heat oil on a medium flame.
- Add asafoetida.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- As the added seeds seem to be popped up, add curry leaves and switch off flame and add turmeric powder.
- Add this Tadka in potato mixer and mix well with spoon and make potato dough.
- From potato dough make 10 equal parts and give shape of a ball.
- Batter preparation
- Take Chickpea / gram flour / besan in bowl and add salt, cumin powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add water slowly and mix with spoon. Add water till it gets thick consistency.
- Stir batter for one to two minutes so that it becomes fluffy.
- Heat oil on a medium flame for deep frying.
- Coat potato balls with prepared batter.
- With the help of spoon put coated potato balls in to oil.
- Fry three to four vada (potato balls) in one batch.
- Turn vada gently and fry till they get golden brown color.
- Your Batata Vada are now ready to serve.
- You can enjoy it with mint chutney and tamarind chutney.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂