Green peas/ haree matar sabzi is Perfect combination of taste and health. It is attractive member from the pulses family .
My hubby and kiddo love this Sabzi when I cook it. Let me share you a secret, I don’t like it that much to eat but love to cook for them🙂.
I find the look of Hare matar very attractive in all of the pulses family members and also find it easy to cook than the other ones.
Here is my style guide to cook Hare Matar Sabzi with step by step photos,
- Keep Green peas for 5 to 6 hours in 3 cups of water.
- Finely chop Onion and Green Chilies and Tomatoes.
- Boil soaked up Green peas with 2-3 cups of water in pressure cooker till 3 to 4 whistles.
- Take a pan and heat oil on a medium flame.
- Add Asafoetida.
- Add Black Mustard , Green Chilies, Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves.
- Put chopped Onions in the pane.
- Saute till it becomes transparent.
- Add Tomato in the mix.Saute till it becomes softer.
- Add Coriander Powder, Chili Powder, Salt, Garam Masala. Stir and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add boiled Green peas in the pane.
- Saute it gently for 2 minutes, be careful while sauteing peas as they become very soft after boiling.
- When the Green peas looks prepared switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Green peas Sabzi is now ready to eat and serve 🙂.
- It can be enjoyed with Roti, Puri or Paratha.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂