Maida Farsi Puri / Mathri is traditional Indian dish.It is very popular dish among the people of India.
There are lot of ways to prepare Mathri. In the different parts of the country people use really different and innovative ways to make these Maida Farsi Puris.
Below is the recipe with my personal touch with step by step photos. My family members love it. Hope you will like it too.
- In wide plate take Wheat flour and Maida / all purpose flour.
- Add salt , Kalonji / Black cumin and cumin powder.
- Add 2 teaspoon of oil and add water and knead well till dough becomes smoother.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil after kneading dough.
- Rest dough for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Again knead the dough and make dough balls out of it .
- Put dough ball on rolling board and dust it with dry wheat flour and roll with rolling pin to make 2 to 3 inch diameter circle (like small rotis a.k.a. Puri).
- With help of fork make small holes in Puri and dry it for 3 to 4 hours .
- Heat oil on a low flame and deep fry Puri till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Take it out from the oil and put it on tissue paper to absorb extra oil.
- Tasty and mouth watering Puris are now ready to serve.
- You can store them in airtight container for couple of days if you wish.
- Puris really taste best with tea. My personal recommendation :).
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂