Pav Bhaji is very delicious and yummy food. You can find this dish at anywhere in India but Maharashtra is the place to eat the authentic Pav Bhaji dish.
In Mumbai you will find lots of Pav Bhaji food trucks in almost every second street. All of them offer you mouth watering Pav Bhaji.
My kiddo loves this dish so much so I make it regularly at my home. Wanted to share the recipes with you all with step by step pictures,
- Pre-preparation of bhaji :
- In Pav Bhaji quantity of ingredients is dependent upon your like and taste you can add some more ingredients or skip some of them.
- Soak green peas for 6 to 7 hours.
- Chop cauliflower and carrot.
- In pressure cooker add soaked green peas, potato, cauliflower, carrot and cook till 4 to 5 whistles.
- Make paste of onion. Make paste of ginger and garlic.
- Make puree of tomato.
- Make paste of beetroot. Finely chop capsicum.
- Remove all the vegetables from cooker and peel and mash potato and all vegetables together.
- Preparation :
- Heat oil and 2 teaspoon of butter and add onion paste and saute till it becomes transparent.
- Add ginger and garlic paste.
- Add capsicum and saute till it becomes soft.
- Add tomato puree and saute it for 4 to 5 minutes as tomato is cooked you will see them releasing oil.
- Add cumin seed powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, Pav Bhaji masala, salt , chili powder and saute it for 1 to 2 minutes till you feel aroma of spices.
- Add all mashed vegetables and saute till vegetables are mixed properly with prepared gravy. Add water and mix .
- Add beetroot paste with spoon till you get nice color ( do not add all paste together, add slowly with spoon)
- Cook Pav Bhaji for 10 to 15 minutes on a medium flame stir in between to avoid sticking with pan.
- Add water if required to get your desired consistency and taste if required add more masala or salt.
- When Pav Bhaji is ready add butter and sprinkle coriander leaves.
- Preparation of Pav or Bread:
- Slice the pav from the middle .
- Heat butter on tava or pan and put one side of pav till it becomes little crispy.
- Put some butter on tawa or pan and turn pav.
- Hot and crispy pav is ready enjoy with Bhaji.
- Delicious Pav Bhaji is now ready to serve. Serve Pav Bhaji with chopped onion and lemon.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other sweet recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂