French Fries are the famous and very tasty potato fries. Many people know them as finger chips as well.
Usually people prefer to eat these fries at fast food joints like McDonald’s or Burger King. My kiddo loves that too. But the problem is, he demands that every 2 or 3 days to have french fries. So I decided to make those at home. Initially I struggled a little bit as when I was preparing them at home, it used to become soft very quickly.But than I gave it a thought why was this happening and tried different methods and yeah it worked.
I will share my methods in this recipe so all the mammas can get some ideas of making delicious french fries at home.
Here we go than with step by step preparation images,
- Peel potatoes and cut potato in vertical/ round in 3 to 4 pieces.Cut strips from vertically cut potatoes.
- Boil water and add salt in it. Add cut potato strips and boil for 2 minutes.Strain out all water from it.
- Put in airtight container and deep freeze for 2 to 3 hours before frying.
- You can store boiled french fries in refrigerator for 6 to 7 days.
- Heat oil on medium flame and fry the french fries, stir well till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Take them out on tissue paper to absorb extra oil from the fries.
- Restaurant style french fries / finger chips are ready to serve.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other sweet recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂