Rasmalai is a delicious Bengali sweet dish. Not only Bengalis but all the Indians love it. Rossomalai is the Bengali name of the dish.
As it’s name suggests, it is made of two things: Ras (Juice) and Malai (Cream). Globally it is known as “Rich cheesecake without a crust”.
Bengal is very famous for it’s sweet dishes and sweet persons. From all of them Ras Malai is my personal favourite.
That is some info I wished to share with all of you for this awesome dish and now let’s reach in world of sweet land by knowing how you can quickly make Rasmalai at home.
- Boil milk on a high flame and add lemon juice slowly as required and stir well.
- Add lemon juice till the cottage cheese /paneer and water are separated. After that add ice cubes.
- Take this cottage cheese/ paneer in cotton cloth and drain without opening cloth, Rinse it in running water so the sour taste of lemon will not come while eating.
- Drain out all water and hang cottage cheese / paneer in cloth for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Take cottage cheese / paneer and knead well till you get fine and smooth dough .
- Make 16 equal balls form it and press little to make it flat for Rasmalai.
- Boil 7 cups of water and add 2 cups of sugar for which you can use pressure cooker or flat pan.
- Add prepared flat balls and boil it for 15 minutes till it gets double the size.
- Rasgullas are now ready to serve :).
- Ras/ Milk:
- Take milk in wide pan and boil it and add sugar.
- Boil milk for 5 to 6 minutes and add chopped almonds, cashew nuts and pistachios.
- Dilute saffron in to 1 tablespoon of milk and add it in to boiling milk .
- At last add cardamom powder, when milk becomes thick switch off the flame.
- Ras/ Milk for the Rasmalai is ready too :).
- Take Rasgullas and press gently and put it in the plate and pour some ready Ras/ Milk on it. Your soft and delicious Rasmalai is ready to serve, enjoy. It tastes good if served after putting it into refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Garnishing :
- Garnish Rasmalai with chopped Almonds, cashew Nuts, pistachios and saffron.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.🙂